Double Hung Windows: Wood
What Sets Us Apart
TW Double Hung windows are crafted using historic methods of joinery that have been proven to withstand the test of time. We then apply the world’s most advance finishing technology that Features a state of the art breathable mid-layer to allow the wood to breathe but prevent moisture from penetrating the wood. With virtually limitless design capabilities you can have complete freedom to create your design.Back To Custom Wood
- Double hung, single hung, triple hung
- Weight & Chain
- System of weights and pulleys with weights hung on brass chains which ensure a long lasting use. The rollers allow the sash to move easily and smooth.
- Brass or silver pulley system available on weight and chain double hung’s
- Concealed balance (no visible tracks)
- 2 1/2 sold wood sash
- Radius and curved glass units
- Standard options available in various thickness or design your own
- The shade boxes can be designed to sit on top of
INTERIOR / EXTERIOR FINISH
Wood window and doors can be primed for stain or paint (must receive a proper final coat to seal the wood or the warranty is voided. Wood can be custom stained or painted both sides the same or split finish. Provide TW window a sample and we will color match stain or paint. The TW wood series of products only uses the highest quality woods to construct the entire line of products. In order to protect the wood from the harsh environment only coating with the best quality are used. All window and doors receive a 4 level coating with each layer performing a specific function in the finishing process. We use the latest technological achievements with intelligent layers and things like the nanotechnology. This coating on the wood is hard-weathering, ideally smooth, and highly elastic. Results of Coatings:
Results of Coatings
- Hardness connected with elasticity
- After the drying process it turn hard but has a built in elastic final coat
- Protection of the color and wood against UV radiation
- Pigments resistant to the light cause neither the color or the wood to turn pale or yellow
- High permeability of Vapor
- All the finishing layers allot her the wood “to breathe” to eliminate problems caused by dampness driving the water off wood.
- High effectiveness of protection of the wood against the harmful influence of the weather.
- Retractable or fixed screens available (half or full) Black or silver fiberglass mesh available
Spacer bars color option
What Sets us Apart
TW Double Hung windows are crafted using historic methods of joinery that have been proven to withstand the test of time. We then apply the world’s most advance finishing technology that Features a state of the art breathable mid-layer to allow the wood to breathe but prevent moisture from penetrating the wood. With virtually limitless design capabilities you can have complete freedom to create your design.
Double Hung Performance
Without affecting the aesthetics of the window double gaskets are used on all sides of the sash and at the interlock between the two sashes. The TW Double hung also uses three gaskets at the sill for increased performance.
Our Double hung window features hand crafted design but produced on state of the art modern machinery. This balance creates a window that is rooted in historic design but has the technology to meet today’s environment.
The Only thing you see is the beauty of the wood as no plastic pieces or jamb liners are visible on the window. Everything on our concealed balance window is mortised into the sash to not compromise the beauty of the wood.